nectarine blueberry galette
Nectarine Blueberry Galette
:: for crust ::
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoons salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) chilled unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
4-5 tablespoons (or more) ice water
3/4 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
• blend flour and salt in processor.
• add butter; using on/off turns, process until coarse meal forms.
• add 4 tablespoons ice water and cider vinegar; blend until moist clumps form, adding more ice water by teaspoonfuls if dough is dry.
• gather dough together. turn dough out onto work surface. form into ball and flatten into disk. wrap disk in plastic; refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
• after refrigerated, roll out onto a floured surface and trim edges to create about a 10" round circle.
:: for galette ::
3 medium sized nectarines
1/2 cup blueberries
1 3oz package of cream cheese at room temperature
4 tbsp of butter, room temperature
3 tbsp powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
• preheat oven to 400 degrees.
• slice nectarines lengthwise and remove pit. continue slicing to create circular pieces of fruit.
• blend cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla together with an electric mixer until well blended and creamy.
• spread cream cheese mixture over center of dough, leaving about a 1 inch border.
• layer nectarines in concentric circles in the middle of the dough.
• sprinkle blueberries over top of nectarines.
• crimp the edges of the dough lightly around the nectarines to create a rustic looking crust.
• bake for 30-40 minutes.